Dream House Raffle Official Rules
The Community Action Marin Dream House Raffle ("Raffle") begins on July 1, 2013 and ends on November 29, 2013 ("Raffle Period"). The Raffle is conducted by Community Action Marin, 29 Mary St, San Rafael, CA 94901 ("CAM"). The Official Rules of the Raffle are set forth herein. By entering the Raffle, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules and further agree to be bound by CAM's decisions and interpretation of these Official Rules. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age 18 and over who have US or Canadian addresses. Officers, directors and employees of CAM, its agents, consultants, attorneys, independent accountant firms, and their spouses and children living in the same household are not eligible.
2. How to Enter. Raffle tickets ("Tickets") cost one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) each. Here is how to purchase Tickets and enter the Raffle:
TICKETS CANNOT BE PURCHASED ONLINE OR BY E-MAIL.
Phone and Faxed entries and payment must be received no later than November 29, 2013. Mailed-in Entry Forms and payment must be postmarked no later than November 29, 2013 and must be received by CAM no later than 7 days later. All entries must include payment by check, cashier's check, money order or credit card. For credit card purchases, the entrants must provide the full name, billing address and telephone number of the cardholder and the credit card number, expiration date, and three-digit personal security code.
Once an Entrant's order is processed, CAM will mail via U.S. postal carrier a receipt (ticket stub) which will include a ticket number(s) to the name and address provided on the Entry Form or to the operator. All final transactions will be processed in California. Entries with addresses in Canada will be delivered via Canadian postal carriers.
A maximum of thirty five thousand (35,000) tickets will be issued and available for purchase. Any Entry Form and payment received after 35,000 tickets have been sold, or after November 29, 2013, whichever occurs first, will be returned. No other refunds will be made, except as otherwise determined by CAM in its sole discretion.
Subject to availability, Entrants may purchase as many Tickets as they wish. Tickets are personal and can only be in the name of one (1) individual Entrant. Entrants may not sell, donate or otherwise transfer their Ticket(s) to anyone. Prizes will not be issued to anyone other than the one (1) Entrant whose name is on the Entry Form.
CAM reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false, and any illegible, defective, incomplete or physically altered Entry Forms and entries that do not include valid or complete payment. CAM is not responsible for printing errors in any Raffle-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or corrupt fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All entries become the property of CAM and will not be returned.
3. Drawings. Random drawing(s) will be conducted by a representative of CAM as described below. All random drawings will be held under the supervision of an independent accounting firm. Entrants need not be present to win.
Four (4) Early Bird Drawings.
All Ticket orders received by or before 12 p.m. PST on July 26, 2013 will be eligible for the first and all subsequent Early Bird Drawings. The first Early Bird Drawing will be on August 9, 2013. All raffle drawings will be held at Community Action Marin, 29 Mary Street, San Rafael CA.
All Ticket orders received by or before 12 p.m. PST on August 30, 2013 will be eligible for the second and all subsequent Early Bird Drawings. The second Early Bird Drawing will be on September 13, 2013.
All Ticket orders received by or before 12 p.m. PST on September 27, 2013 will be eligible for the third and all subsequent Early Bird Drawings. The third Early Bird Drawing will be on October 11, 2013.
All Ticket orders received by or before 12 p.m. PST on November 1, 2013 will be eligible for the fourth and final Early Bird Drawing. The fourth and final Early Bird Drawing will be held on November 15, 2013.
All Ticket entries purchased by November 29, 2013 will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing on December 14, 2013.
One (1) Multi Ticket Drawing Any individual who buys more than one ticket will be entered into an additional Multi-Ticket Drawing for $40,000 in cash in addition to the Grand Prize Drawing and applicable Early Bird Drawings. For those entrants who buy more than one ticket, in order to qualify for the Multiple Ticket Drawing, all subsequent tickets purchased must be identical to the first one purchased; same name with matching address. To be eligible, ticket orders and payment must be received before all 35,000 tickets are sold, and in any event by Friday, November 29, 2013. The Multi-Ticket Drawing will be held at the time of the Grand Prize drawing.
One (1) Refer A Friend Drawing For every person who purchases a ticket and provides your name as a valid ticket holder time of purchase, will receive one ticket entry specifically for the Refer a Friend Drawing. If two people you refer each purchase a separate ticket, you will receive two entries, if three people you refer each purchase separate tickets, you will receive three entries, etc. Drawing will be held at the time of the Grand Prize drawings.
One (1) Grand Prize Drawing. The Grand Prize Drawing will be held on Saturday December 14, 2013. It may be open to the public, in CAM's discretion. All drawings for all prizes will be made at Random.
4. Notification. Entrant(s) whose Ticket number(s) are drawn at the Early Bird, Multi-Ticket, Refer-A-Friend, or Grand Prize Drawings will be deemed the winner of the prize for that particular drawing ("Selected Entrant"). Selected Entrants will be notified by phone and/or U.S. Mail using the information provided on the Entry Form or to the operator (Notification"). If any Selected Entrant cannot be located or fails to return attempts to contact him or her by 5:00 p.m. ten (10) business days after CAM's first attempt to contact him or her, such Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize and another Selected Entrant will not be drawn. Each Selected Entrant may be asked to send an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Selected Entrant(s) must provide all information requested to be eligible to win, including proof of age, proof of identity showing that the person claiming the prize is the same Entrant named on the winning Ticket and the winning Ticket stub. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. The prize may be forfeited if Selected Entrant(s): (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Winners grant permission for the use of their names, photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotion for this and similar promotions without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Prizes. Early Bird Drawing: Each of the four (4) Early Bird Drawings will award prizes in the amount of: First Prize: $25,000.00, Second Prize: $10,000.00, Third Prize: $5,000.00.
Multi-Ticket Drawing: First Prize: $25,000.00. Second Prize: $10,000.00. Third Prize: $5,000.00.
Refer A Friend Drawing: 1st Prize: $10,000.00
Grand Prize Drawing Lower Prizes: The Grand Prize Drawing Lower Prizes Entrants will receive: Second Prize: $25,000, Third Prize; $10,000, two (2) Fourth Prizes of $5,000.00 each, five (5) Fifth Prizes of $1,000.00 each, one hundred (100) Prizes of $500.00 each.
Grand Prize Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive the Grand Prize according the following ticket sale, depending on the number of Tickets sold as of the end date of the Raffle:
6. Proceeds. Proceeds from the Raffle will benefit Community Action Marin and its ongoing charitable purposes in California.
7. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Raffle Tickets sold. If 35,000 are sold, the odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:35,000.
8. General Conditions. The Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any employee or other person acting on behalf of CAM. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of CAM which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release CAM, its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Raffle (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's purchase of a Raffle Ticket and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for CAM to use said Selected Entrant's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Raffle on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be issued an IRS Form 5754 and W2-G for the Estimated Retail Value of any awarded prize. Each ticket purchaser is advised to consult his or her own tax advisor(s) with respect to the tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize in this Raffle. CAM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Raffle should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of CAM. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Raffle will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California.
ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY BETWEEN ANY RAFFLE PARTICIPANT AND CAM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE RAFFLE OR TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CAM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
A Raffle Entrant's sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against CAM arising out of the sale of raffle tickets or the conduct of the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall CAM, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injury to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Privacy. All personal information collected by CAM will be used for administration of the Raffle. CAM will not share, sell or otherwise distribute personal information collected by CAM except as stated above.
10. Official Rules and Winners' List. A list of all prize winners will be posted on the raffle website on or about December 14, 2013 and a copy of the winners' list and of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-address, stamped envelope to: CAM Dream House Raffle, 29 Mary Street, San Rafael, CA 94901. WA and VT residents need not affix return postage. Requests must be received within 30 days of the close of the Raffle.
11. Registration with the State of California. By letter from the Attorney General's office, Community Action Marin has registered with the Department of Justice under Raffle Registration Number 6274. The official registration and financial information regarding Community Action Marin can be obtained from the Attorney General's website [at www.ag.ca.gov/charities]. Registration does not imply endorsement.